[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060: Addressing pub/sub node with JID clarification needed

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Tue Oct 5 09:39:08 UTC 2004

Hello,

Does the addressing scheme of pubsub node have an impact on the way to
interact with it ?

JEP-0060 says:
If a pubsub node is addressable as a JID, the NodeID MUST be the
resource identifier, and MUST NOT be specified by the "user" portion
(node identifier) of the JID (e.g. "domain/NodeID" and
"user at domain/NodeID" are allowed; "NodeID at domain" is not allowed). JID
addressing SHOULD be used when interacting with a pubsub node using a
protocol that does not support the node attribute. For example, when a
service makes it possible for entities to subscribe nodes via presence,
it would address nodes as JIDs.

What about messages ?
Should we send iq based pub/sub tags ?
Should we send message tag with items enclosed ?
Can we send normal message with payload directly included and considered
that the resulting pub/sub message sent to suscribers will be generated
with the explained pub/sub formalism ?

Thank you in advance for you help,

--
Mickaël Rémond