[Standards-JIG] Discovering of less concrete features

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Mon Oct 18 10:06:31 UTC 2004

Hi list,

maqi asked me today, if couldn't implement in jabberd14, that a user (or
other server) could use discovery to detect server features like support
for stringprep, s2s/c2s STARTTLS/SASL, IPv6.
I am still not sure, if this is something, that is right for discovery
(and if the Jabber registrar would have to register namespaces for
that), but I also agree, that having a machine readable server
information might be useful for generating lists like the public server
list on www.jabber.org.

What do others think about how should this be handled?

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--
Fon: +49-(0)70 0770 07770       http://web.amessage.info