[Standards-JIG] Re: VOIP proposal for your messenger

Stephen Pendleton spendleton at movsoftware.com
Wed Oct 20 16:37:23 UTC 2004

I have already implemented a VoIP solution for the imov Messenger PocketPC
client. All it requires is an exchange of "external" IP addresses for the
two endpoints (using a custom iq get/set packets in this case). The IP
addresses is then passed to an external VoIP client to make the connection.
>From that point on Jabber is not involved at all. As a first step for client
developers I recommend this. Of course there are firewall issues here, which
have been discussed previously on this and the jdev list.

Thanks