[Standards-JIG] LAST CALL: JEP-0118 (User Tune)

Bart van Bragt jabber at vanbragt.com
Thu Oct 21 10:35:19 UTC 2004

JEP Editor wrote:
> Abstract: This JEP defines a protocol for communicating information about the music to which a user is listening.
What is <length> supposed to contain when I'm listening to a stream?

And maybe it's smart to wait with updating the pubsub node until the
song has been playing for a few seconds. Most of the time I have all my
music in my playlist with shuffle turned on. If my player happens to
present me with 8 crappy songs that my girlfriend has added to our music
collection (Norah Jones and the like :D) then I'm bound to hit 'skip' 8
times in a row. It's kind of a waste of resources and bandwidth to send
all those 8 updates to the network IMO.

Also it might be to include an URL into the package for streams or is
that supposed to go into <source>?

Bart