[Standards-JIG] JEP-0017 Framing: Why was it rejected?

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Fri Oct 22 06:47:24 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 04:50:10PM -0400, Bob Wyman wrote:
> 	Between the comments on this list and various offlist messages, I'm
> beginning to get some sense of why JEP-0017 was rejected. However, I'm also
> getting a strong sense that many of the "issues" that are being raised are
> either orthogonal or otherwise not compelling.
> [...]

Hi Bob,

Reading your comments was interesting. I am guessing you are looking into
framing for pubscom.com, and the outlook on many, many connections and a
high volume of data transfer. Have you, due the current lack of framing,
experienced any issues so far? Have you done any experiments on this front?

Note: I am not trying to be an ass, I am genuinely interested in your findings.

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm