[Standards-JIG] Re: JEP-0134 (Protocol Design Guidelines): Does itwarn against "Atom over XMPP"?

Bob Wyman bob at wyman.us
Mon Oct 25 23:52:08 UTC 2004

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> How large would you expect Atom entries to be, in general?
> (Not full feeds, but entries.)
	A quick sample of the entries that we've processed recently yields
an average size of 1,975 bytes per published message.
	The sample only contained 595,198 entries, but it should be
representative of the full set of entries. (We process about 2,000,000 per
day). Of course, the occasional entry reaches the maximum that we support
which is currently 65K bytes. Given that the average is almost 2K, there are
many, many such messages that are larger than 2K...

		bob wyman