[Standards-JIG] Re: Groupchat using original jid's

Nolan Eakins sneakin at semanticgap.com
Tue Oct 26 10:27:34 UTC 2004

You can implement a MUC compliant chat room that is a standalone client.
Groupchat JIDs must be of the form "room at someserver/nick".

Actually, I guess you can't since clients need a resource. I suppose
something like MUC could be done, but you would need a custom client or
maybe an old groupchat client to access it.

Is that what you were wanting to do? Just connect a groupchat "client" to
you regular JID?

- Nolan

--
http://www.semanticgap.com/people/sneakin/