[Standards-JIG] Re: Groupchat using original jid's

Heiner Wolf wolf at bluehands.de
Tue Oct 26 12:51:00 UTC 2004

Jens Mikkelsen wrote:

> Is there a standard for groupchat, where the group isn't administrated
> by the server or where the original jids are used?

I don't think so. I suppose you want to send one groupchat message and
it shall be received by all group members. You need a piece of software
that does the sending to all members. This pice of software runs
somewhere. It usually runs in a server.

The purpose of a chat component is to provide a single point where all
clients register. Then it must be in a server where all clients have
access. You end up with a component "administrated by the server".

You can only simulate a "direct" groupchat by sending messages to all
members directly. But every member must register with every other
member.

hw
--
Dr. Klaus H. Wolf