[Standards-JIG] Re: Groupchat using original jid's

Jens Mikkelsen gyldenskjold at mail.dk
Tue Oct 26 15:53:12 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 12:27, Nolan Eakins wrote:
> You can implement a MUC compliant chat room that is a standalone client.
> Groupchat JIDs must be of the form "room at someserver/nick".

Wasn't the jid send through the presence protocol? As Rachel wrote
earlyer on?

> Actually, I guess you can't since clients need a resource. I suppose
> something like MUC could be done, but you would need a custom client or
> maybe an old groupchat client to access it.

I am building a client so, their should be no problem in changing it.
Allthough I would like to keep up with the standards.

> Is that what you were wanting to do? Just connect a groupchat "client" to
> you regular JID?

What I am building is a client where all messages are sent encrypted. To
do this I have to make sure that I am talking to the users that I think
I am talking to. This is done by a public/private keyset based on the
jids. Therefor I want to use the regular JIDs.

--
Jens Mikkelsen <gyldenskjold at mail.dk>