[Standards-JIG] Re: Discovering of less concrete features

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Wed Oct 27 23:01:47 UTC 2004

If you consider that you need an XMPP connection to in order to perform
service discovery, then checking for SRV or IPv6 support over this connection
seems minimally useful.  At best it could facilitate the collection of
statistics.  Checking for in-protocol things like stringprep is redundant,
since xmpp-core requires this.  It's bad enough that clients have to support
non-1.0 and 1.0, it would be worse if there were a bunch of 1.0 variations.

Now, offline message support might be nice to know.  Ditto for message
archiving, although we do have a namespace for that already in JEP-0136.

-Justin