[Standards-JIG] Re: Discovering of less concrete features

maqi at jabberstudio.org maqi at jabberstudio.org
Thu Oct 28 08:27:16 UTC 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> This enables software to advertise that it supports things like TLS and
> SASL (since anything in the protocol namespaces registry can also be a
> service discovery feature).

c2s TLS and s2s TLS are treated differently, I hope? There are many
servers around that support c2s TLS but not s2s TLS. Probably it would be
good to discern s2s TLS with certificate checking from s2s TLS using
dialback (I'm not sure - Mawis?).

> - application supports Unicode characters in text, JIDs, etc.

In case you use this as a definition text for the feature, please include
"Unicode characters in passwords" explicitely. Some time ago, most clients
I checked were perfectly unicode compliant APART from handling unicode in
passwords (has been fixed in the clients I checked in the meantime, but it
seems to be a common mistake).

Otherwise fine :-).

Regards