[Standards-JIG] Re: JEP-0136: Message Archiving

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Oct 29 22:24:26 UTC 2004

In article <416E80C9.7050905 at vanbragt.com>,
 Bart van Bragt <jabber at vanbragt.com> wrote:

> It's really great that there is a JEP for Message Archiving, I'm
> currently in the process of moving all history of my clients
> installations (4 in active use) to my server because I constantly need
> parts from discussions that are on another PC.

One argument in favor of plain old XHTML is that the files could be
found by the new generation of desktop search engines (Google Desktop,
etc.) and rendered by any old web browser. But naturally the XML format
in JEP-0136 could be transformed into XHTML using XSLT, so maybe this
isn't really an issue...

/psa