[Standards-JIG] Re: JEP-0136: Message Archiving

Trejkaz Xaoza trejkaz at xaoza.net
Sat Oct 30 07:36:10 UTC 2004

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:24, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> In article <416E80C9.7050905 at vanbragt.com>,
>
>  Bart van Bragt <jabber at vanbragt.com> wrote:
> > It's really great that there is a JEP for Message Archiving, I'm
> > currently in the process of moving all history of my clients
> > installations (4 in active use) to my server because I constantly need
> > parts from discussions that are on another PC.
>
> One argument in favor of plain old XHTML is that the files could be
> found by the new generation of desktop search engines (Google Desktop,
> etc.)

Google Desktop indexes plain XML files as well, incidentally.

A number of times it has found the icondef.xml file inside .jisp files.  It
will show you the element path it followed to get to the matched string,
rather than just showing the XML source, so they did give a bit of thought to
representing XML properly in search results.

TX

--
             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz at xaoza.net>
          Web site: http://xaoza.net/