[Standards-JIG] Re: Mistake in example of component JEP?

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Sat Oct 30 17:46:19 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 04:20:41PM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> a connection for a component with that name (if the server does not have
> that component name configured, it should return a <host-unknown/>
> stream error).

With jabberd2 you don't have to configure each component on the server.
When the component supports Sevice Discovery then it needs _no_ changes
to jabberd2 configuration.  It is enough the component "knows" the
secret and connects to the right port (common for all components). This
is a great feature of jabberd (I miss it in ejabberd) and we should not
forget about that.

Greetsm
	Jacek