[Standards-JIG] Re: JEP-0071 XHTML-IM lack of scope

Tijl Houtbeckers thoutbeckers at splendo.com
Thu Sep 2 13:44:48 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:21:22 +0100, Richard Dobson <richard at dobson-i.net>
wrote:

> Personally I think we should stop arguing about the relative merits of
> using <em/> and <strong/> as apposed to <span style="font-style:
> bold"/>, Peter has been in discussions with people at the W3C who say
> that our spec is fine as it is, who are we to argue with the W3C?. If
> they are happy with it then whats the point in arguing about this?, this
> all seems just a waste of time and bandwidth, cant we get back to the
> real matters at hand.

This part of the thread was on the request of the JEP author (psa). Even
people from the W3C can make mistakes or read over something. For that
matter, I think *they* would find this part of the thread more important
than wether you can paste Internet Explorer HTML or not.

The JEP recommends a bad practise, that touches important areas like
accesability. If you find that a waste, I suggest you don't read this part
of the thread.