[Standards-JIG] Re: JEP-45 MUC - modifyingban/moderator/admin/ownerlists

Gaston Dombiak dombiak_gaston at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 2 20:02:21 UTC 2004

Ian,

First off, thank you for your replies. :)

I agree with you that the affiliation state transitions are too restrictive.
For example, if we have an administrator that we want to outcast we will
need to downgrade him/her to member and then to outcast. It'd be more direct
to be able to directly set outcast in the first step. This could also be a
little confusing for final users (unless the client makes very clear the new
affiliation that the user will end up with).

Regards,

  -- Gato

"Ian Paterson" <ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk> wrote in message
news:FOENKLDIMCIMONDFDEMKOEGOCFAA.ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk...
> The JEP already provides the list you want. Check out the table in section
> 5.2.2 Changing Affiliations.
>
> However, I strongly disagree with the limitations it imposes.
>
> Peter, did you see my earlier posting?

IMHO,