[Standards-JIG] Re: JEP-0096: File Transfer HTTP mechanism

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 11:03:56 UTC 2004

Hi LW,

Thank you for pointing out JEPs -0103 and -0104. I'm afraid they had
completely slipped under my radar! They provide everything my restricted
client needs to transfer files. The cookie element is a particularly useful
idea.

> > Can we also consider adding to jabber:iq:oob some basic
> > metadata fields (optional for backward compatability of course).

> If we make "jabber:iq:oob" truly compatible with JEP-0096 (e.g. SI
> session ID tie-in)[1], I think we could then adapt JEP-0104's
> information to it, and retract JEP-0103.

Yes. I really like both JEP-0103 and JEP-0104 as they are. If they can be
adapted to extend jabber:iq:oob while maintaining legacy compatability then
that has obvious advantages.

I will certainly implement whatever you come up with.

Thanks again.

- Ian