[Standards-JIG] Re: Proposal for a solution to transport rosters

maqi at jabberstudio.org maqi at jabberstudio.org
Sun Sep 5 11:47:16 UTC 2004

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Magnus Henoch wrote:

> Neither am I, but I really want the server side thing to work.  Thus
> I'm throwing out an attempt at a server-side protocol.
[...]
> 4b. User's client supports this protocol.  User's client includes
> either <import/> or <no-import/> element in response.
> <presence from="juliet at capulet.com/balcony" to="msn.capulet.com"
>   type="subscribed">
>   <no-import xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/import"/>
> </presence>

I don't think in practice there's a situation for which a user says "Ok,
this transports may subscribe to my presence, but I don't trust it really
so I don't grant import capabilities".

> What do you think about this?

I think this is too complicated. Also, I don't see the real benefit (or
did I misunderstand anything?).

Regards