[Standards-JIG] Re: Summary of roster proposal points

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Thu Sep 9 14:38:33 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 01:19:46PM +0200, maqi at jabberstudio.org wrote:

> >> What clients support incoming disco currently?
> > Is that relevant?
>
> I didn't even know that client should support incoming disco as I don't
> know any application that uses this feature. So I just would like to know
> "what clients support incoming disco currently". :-)
>
> > We are in the process of defining protocols. We learn from the past, but
> > focus on the future. This means clients need to support disco.
>
> How should a client developer get to know this? Is incoming disco support
> part of XMPP-IM?

I'll rephrase:

	- We are designing new protocols
	- Service Discovery will be used by many JEPs
	- It is very likely servers (or other clients) will query clients for
	  available services in future protocols.

So, it is kind of an implicit requirement. If you want to support certain
protocols (defined in JEPs), it is likely that this requires you to implement
disco in clients.

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm