[Standards-JIG] Re: Recommended additions to JEP-130 (Waiting Lists)

Craig Kaes CKaes at jabber.com
Mon Sep 13 22:16:39 UTC 2004

Hmmm, making it (the message) a type='error' seems not only strange, but
seems to violate xmpp-core 9.3:

The receiving or processing entity that detects an error condition in
relation to a stanza MUST return to the sending entity a stanza of the same
kind (message, presence, or IQ) whose 'type' attribute is set to a value of
"error" (such a stanza is called an "error stanza" herein).

and also XMPP IM 2.1.1:

The "error" type MUST be generated only in response to an error related to a
message received from another entity.

That's why I opted to stash it inside the body of the message.  Is there a
way to stash it inside that is more aesthetically pleasing?

--C