[Standards-JIG] Re: XHTML-IM: moving forward

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Tue Sep 14 08:09:47 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 10:07:54AM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Hmm, now that I look at this, I think it would make more sense to split
> out the first Integration Set into a separate JEP -- so JEP-0071 would
> be the framework and each JEP that defines an Integration Set would be a
> "profile" of JEP-0071 (much as JEP-0096 is a profile of JEP-0095).

IMHO we don't need any framework. Leave XHTML-IM JEP as it is. It is
a good protocol. Any other XHTML JEP would be just other protocol, which
can be mostly described by cut&paste from XHTML-IM JEP. Another JEP
describing how to make XHTML JEPs and containin the common part whould
be IMHO an overkill and may be problematic -- when the "common part"
needs changes for a new JEP or new XHTML version than it may break some
old JEPs or a new "framework" JEP would be required.

Now, when XHTML-IM is mostly self-contained it is ready to implement and
that is the only thing we want now.

Greets,
	Jacek