[Standards-JIG] Roster block importing and synchronisation usingJEP-0093

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Tue Sep 14 19:35:57 UTC 2004

> No client should automatically delete such a contact it were a normal
> contact. For example let's say I accidently delete you from my roster.
> That means I get set to "none" in your roster. If your client
> automatically deletes that contact (just cause it's "none") it means you
> have no way of getting back to me. You don't want *me* to have that kind
> of control over your roster do you?

Well you are already giving the transport the ability to remove contacts
with your protocol, how is that any different (control wise) than using the
instance of when a transport contact is changed to "none" to define that it
should be removed, I fail to see any difference in the level of control you
are giving something else (i.e. the transport).

Richard