[Standards-JIG] Re: roster synchronization

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Sep 16 18:02:23 UTC 2004

In article <200409160806.23135.james at delx.cjb.net>,
 James Bunton <james at delx.cjb.net> wrote:

> Ok. I'm waiting with great interest to see what you guys can come up with! =)
> Just a note, the current revision of JEP0140 really isn't suited to solving
> the problem with gateways.

I never said that JEP-0140 would stay the same, or even still exist,
after we're through. ;-)

> Any chance roster-subsync could become informational? Because I'll probably
> still end up implementing it in PyMSNt, at least unless/until another
> protocol comes out to supersede it. I can always distribute the JEP with the
> transport, but it's probably nicer to have it all in one place (namely
> jabber.org)

That depends on whether the Council decides to publish it. I will press
them on that in the next Council meeting or before. Probably we'll
publish both together, but if the Council does not approve of your
approach then the JEP will never move beyond Experimental and may end up
being voted to Rejected -- and you may not want to implement a Rejected
JEP. ;-)

/psa