[Standards-JIG] Re: Roster Subscription Synchronisation

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Thu Sep 16 17:01:50 UTC 2004

Richard Dobson wrote:

> I would think even for normal jabber users clients should really
> be prompting if they arnt already when a contact goes to "none" if they
> want it removed, since it is of no real use to them anymore at this point,
> even "to" status contacts should probably be being hidden from the main
> contact display by default and either shown on request or shown in a way
> similar to how msn shows its allowed list.

I disagree, I have several users with a subscription status of 'none' in my
roster.  It's quite handy for people whom you rarely talk to, but do
occasionally..a placeholder for (relatively) quickly sending off a message.
I would also imagine some clients don't let you talk to people who aren't
on your roster at all...just because you don't care about whether they're
around (and vice versa) doesn't mean you don't want them on your roster.

-Alex Mauer "Hawke"