[Standards-JIG] proto-JEP: Roster Item Exchange

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Thu Sep 16 23:49:05 UTC 2004

> As for the "per" group trust. What does this mean? Can you delete anyone
> in that group from the roster? Or just throw them out of that group? For
> example what happens if I have a contact that wasn't in any group before,
> then gets "suggested" to be added or modfified to a group (for which I
> give the entity permisson to modify that group), and then removed?

If a group trust is being used the remote entity would only be able to add
and remove items from that group, i.e. the contact is only being removed
from the group so it would only be removed entirely if that is the only
group the contact is in, if its in another group as well it wouldnt be
removed entirely (only from the group), IMO thats how it would operate.

Richard