[Standards-JIG] Re: JEP-0054 vcard email definition is inconsistent

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Fri Sep 17 08:07:14 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 10:47:33AM -0700, Rachel Blackman wrote:
> If we start arbitrarily picking what RDF attributes and definitions to
> use before RDF settles on it for itself, won't that be more or less
> part of the same problem we have now with vcard-temp?

No. Anyone could use any vocabulary. But some would be guarateed to be
supported. I could add "my favourite color" information, but some (most)
clients will not display it, but my name or e-mail if provided should be
available in all client using RDF and the Jabber profile. When a new
property seems important enough to be part of the "standard", then a new
JEP could be issued or just the property listed by Jabber Registar.

"vcard-temp" DTD was is not that extensible.

Greets,
	Jacek