[Standards-JIG] Re: XHTML further simplification

Byron Ellacott bje at apnic.net
Thu Sep 23 05:55:22 UTC 2004

Tijl Houtbeckers wrote:
> This seems to be a related mozilla bug:
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=50463&action=view

Not necessarily.  There's some bad markup. "padding-left: 100" is
meaningless, there is no unit given.  In the table, the requested width
of the first column is "100," again with no units, and the second cell
has no requested width, which is probably causing that "padding-left:
25%" to be taking 25% of zero, which may or may not be a bug, I'd have
to read the CSS box model spec closely to be sure.

Either way, it's not a bug in Gecko that is causing the apparently
incorrect rendering.  It's a faulty assumption about how lists are
rendered that's causing unexpected but correct results.  See my other
post. :)

--
bje