[Standards-JIG] Re: XHTML further simplification

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Sep 23 16:09:23 UTC 2004

In article <stpeter-31FE9A.09231023092004 at sea.gmane.org>,
 Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote:

> Also, some of the existing examples in JEP-0071 contain nested elements,
> so those examples presumably need to change. I will try to do that today
> and publish a new version of the JEP.

Done in my working copy.

Further experimentation leads me to ask another question: we currently
specify 'padding-left' and 'padding-right', but it seems that perhaps
what we really want is 'margin-left' and 'margin-right'. Based on the
CSS1 formatting model [1], padding seems to be a bit more complex to lay
out than a margin. I also wonder whether we really need to set right
margins or padding.

/psa

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1#formatting-model