[Standards-JIG] JEP-0066 and Stream Initiation

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Sep 23 17:24:47 UTC 2004

It would be good to be able to integrate jabber:iq:oob (JEP-0066) with
Stream Initiation (JEP-0095), for example to use a structured OOB
conversation as a fall-back if other file transfer methods fail. Both
SOCKS5 Bytestreams (JEP-0065) and In-Band Bytestreams (JEP-0047) include
a 'sid' attribute to tie in with a particular stream initiation ("sid"
stands for "Stream ID"). Therefore I would like to propose adding an
OPTIONAL 'sid' attribute to the <query/> element in JEP-0066. Addition
of this attribute would be backwards-compatible, since existing
implementations would simply ignore it, so I don't think we would need
to define a new namespace.

Thoughts?

/psa