[Standards-JIG] JEP for storing annotations

Stefan Strigler steve at zeank.in-berlin.de
Mon Sep 27 18:13:24 UTC 2004

Hi there,

I've implemented a new feature in my client so that users can make
annotations to items of their roster. E.g.: Often people don't have much
information in their vCard, so you can use this feature to store some
information about who this contact is, where you got to know each other
and so on.

I think this is a handy feature every client should have. So I'd like to
propose a JEP which would make it possible to share this pieces of
information amongst clients.

It should be very simple and straight forward, very similar to
storage:bookmarks. Using jabber:iq:private would mean that no changes
would have to be made at the server side.

Tell me what you think about it,

-Steve