[Standards-JIG] RE: PubSub URI

Trejkaz Xaoza trejkaz at xaoza.net
Tue Sep 28 22:16:00 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:11, Nolan Eakins wrote:
> This could put the 1024 byte limit on the URIs in danger, but do we need to
> limit the size?

Jabber IDs are already theoretically three times the size of a URI anyway.
Keeping the node short would be considered just like keeping the JID short...
a good idea, and required if you wanted a URI representation of the node. :-)

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:28, Justin Karneges wrote:
> Just to throw something out here:  notice how it is 'mailto', and not
> 'smtp' ?
>
> Maybe our URIs should have more of a command focus instead of a protocol
> focus, especially since XMPP can technically be used for anything.  After
> all, once XMPP replaces email, won't we still use 'mailto' ?

I like it.  chatto: for chats?  subscribeto: for adding users?

But hang on.  During the phase where XMPP is replacing email, is
mailto:trejkaz at xaoza.net a Jabber ID or an email address?

TX

--
             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz at xaoza.net>