[Standards-JIG] Re: JEP suggestions for Instant Mail

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Mon Aug 1 08:35:26 UTC 2005

tangz wrote:

> Webdav was granted through user database,it is used to protect file
> exchange secure.why do it implement to complete this function?whether
> who can provided it document for protected Webdav\'s file wasn\'t
> accessed by non authentication.

The secret was to ensure that you have effectively received the pubsub
message to be able to retrieve the file. You cannot retrieve it if you
have not received the information about the file from the pubsub
service. I added this to be sure that the client will not be confused by
retrieving a file (by browsing the Webdav file sharing service) and
then, after this operation, receiving information from the pubsub
service that a new file is available.

I am not totally sure that this is usefull yet.

--
Mickaël Rémond