[Standards-JIG] JEP-0144: subscriptions

Alexander Wenckus awenckus at mindbridge.com
Thu Aug 4 18:54:00 UTC 2005

The only reference I have found to subscriptions in regards to JEP-0144
is this:

"The protocol defined herein enables an entity to suggest that another
entity might want to add, delete, or modify roster items only, and does
not dictate the suggested presence subscription state associated with
those roster items."

My question is this how should subscriptions be handled in the case of
JEP-0144. If I am pulling down a good amount of roster items from say a
group service setup by a school, say its pushing me out 1000 users, do I
then have to subscribe to these thousand users after adding them? Is
there, or could there be better yet, a mechanism for better handling this?

Thanks for the time,
Alex