[Standards-JIG] JEP-0133: more use cases

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Fri Aug 5 16:23:57 UTC 2005

Op vrijdag 05 augustus 2005 04:27, schreef Hal Rottenberg:
> On 8/4/05, Sander Devrieze <s.devrieze at pandora.be> wrote:
> > I just don't think statistics have much to deal with "Service
> > Administration" and so would lead to confusing. Also, some of the
> > statistics you gave are also interesting if they can be public too (not
> > only for administrators).
>
> I think as long as the scope remains simple, as Peter is suggesting,
> it is very appropriate for service administration.  Think 'top'.

It is also interesting for cool things like the small box on the ejabberd
website called "Global stats". The numbers in this box are the totals of all
these numbers on public servers (with mod_stats enabled) listed on the Known
ejabberd servers page ( http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/servers ). I don't think
this has anything to do with administration at all ;-)

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.
xmpp:sander at l4l.be

ejabberd, the expandable Jabber daemon. --
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/