[Standards-JIG] Re: What happened to the ACK proposal?
s.devrieze at pandora.be
Mon Aug 15 22:39:31 UTC 2005
Op maandag 15 augustus 2005 23:49, schreef David Chisnall:
> On 15 Aug 2005, at 22:34, Sander Devrieze wrote:
> > What about "JEP-0079: Advanced Message
> > Processing" (http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0079.html)?
> This allows someone to detect if a message gets to my server, and my
> server puts it in the TCP-stream. If, however, my TCP connection has
> dropped then the message will be silently lost (as far as I can
I don't think so. There are 3 options (as far as I can see):
* You will get a reply from the receiving server that says:
- Your message is stored offline.
- Your message is delivered to the sender (if he is online).
* You will get a bounce. (now you know there was a problem)
* You will get no answer. (now you know there was a problem (assumed that
JEP-0079 is made a MUST protocol))
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.
xmpp:sander at devrieze.dyndns.org ( http://jabber.tk/ )
More information about the Standards