[Standards-JIG] Re: What happened to the ACK proposal?

David Waite dwaite at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 19:38:29 UTC 2005

I also thought that AMP was end to end; the server only responds if
the server handled the message (by putting into offline, or rejecting
the delivery with a stanza error). JEP ACK would only enable the
remote server to reject or store offline in a few more edge cases (not
all of them), and to potentially detect the user went offline faster.

-David Waite