[Standards-JIG] Boolean Attributes in XML (xs:boolean)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Aug 18 18:39:16 UTC 2005

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Nolan Eakins wrote:
>
>> It was pointed out to me that my implementation of bookmark storage
>> for Psi was wrong since I was using "true" and "false" for the
>> autojoin attribute. A similiar "problem" was found with Psi's
>> dataforms when I was working on room configuration for MUC with
>> mu-conference. Looking at the W3C's XML Schema spec this apparently is
>> /not/ a problem [1].
>

> I suppose it is too much to ask for developers to read XML Schema Part 2
> (Datatypes), eh?
>
>>     * Examples in JEPs typically only show "0" or "1" for boolean
>> attributes causing implementors to only support "0" and "1".
>

> There are four JEPs that use xs:boolean:
>
> JEP-0004: Data Forms
> JEP-0009: Jabber-RPC
> JEP-0048: Bookmark Storage
> JEP-0124: HTTP Binding

OK, I've added a brief note to JEPs 0004, 0048, and 124 about this and
I've also cleaned up the examples. This was not necessary in JEP-0009
since RPC requires the use of the numeric representation of boolean.

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0004.html
http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0048.html
http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0124.html

Jabber Software Foundation