[Standards-JIG] How many voice chat implementations do we need?

David Chisnall theraven at sucs.org
Wed Aug 24 20:02:20 UTC 2005

On 24 Aug 2005, at 20:57, Sander Devrieze wrote:

> Maybe someone (psa?) needs to contact them before they do (if not
> yet done):
> it is much better if it will become a real JEP with feedback from
> this list,
> instead of just some only-made-by-Google standard.

Can whoever does also approach Apple?  Get them on board with the
whole process (or at the very least get them to agree to implement
whatever standard is reached in iChat).  It would do the community no
good to have two competing standards - especially if the non-standard
one supported video and the standard supported audio only.