[Standards-JIG] Contact address for abuse

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Aug 26 14:57:18 UTC 2005

Tomasz Sterna wrote:
> 2005/8/25, Jacek Konieczny <jajcus at jajcus.net>:
>
>>The default address could be just the JID of the server, or JID with
>>some well-known node part ("abuse").
>

> Maybe not the node part - it's users domain.
>
> I agree with Trejkaz that we could use resource part.
>
> ie. <domain>/echo is already widely used for the message echo service
> we should follow this pattern

Well, if we define a specific service discovery node for contact
information (which might include xmpp:, mailto:, and http: URIs for
admins, abuse, feedback, suggestions, bug reports, and who knows what
else), then implementations or deployments can define their own contact
addresses above and beyond the required <xmpp:domain> address. I'm not
sure we need to define all the other address formats, though creating a
recommended list might be helpful.

Jabber Software Foundation