[Standards-JIG] anti-spim techniques

Tomasz Sterna tomasz.sterna at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 11:04:49 UTC 2005

2005/8/29, Jacek Konieczny <jajcus at jajcus.net>:
> But that doesn't solve zombie (the main source of current spam) problem
> at all. It makes spamming costs higher, but it is not the spammer who
> pays it, but the owners of zombie machines.

Oh. How reliable is a zombie machine?
It's usable for putting UBE to as many mailboxes as it can, but for
keeping them available for download? With the client/ISP firewalls on
the way? I don't really think so.

And think of the administrative burden of keeping a DNS A record for
every zombie you have in the network (as soon as we change the "SHOULD
be a fully qualified domain name" in RFC3920 3.2 to a requirement and
remove the MAY).

--
smk