[Standards-JIG] privacy2 anti-SPIM proto-JEP

Tomasz Sterna tomasz.sterna at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 20:25:18 UTC 2005

2005/8/29, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org>:
> I'd like to also think about other measures we can take outside of
> changing the RFCs. There are quite a few, I think (see my proto-JEP).

I agree with Ian, that we do not need to change the RFC yet.
The new privacy2 is a layer over the existing privacy and we could try
it as a JEP.

But I wouldn't like to synchronise both, so if the server and client
support it, it needs to be a complete replacement for
jabber:iq:privacy. Perhaps with a "downgrade" feature to report
"scaled down" version of a list when client asks for
jabber:iq:privacy?

And one more thing. I don't really like the "privacy2" name. Sequels
are usually worse than original. ;-)
Privacy-NG perhaps? ;-)

--
smk