[Standards-JIG] proposal : defer action in AMP (JEP 79)

Hal Rottenberg halr9000 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 15:48:40 UTC 2005

On 8/31/05, Jacques Belissent <jacques.belissent at sun.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a way to ensure that *some* message stanzas are only
> delivered to the resource specified in the to attribute, and stored
> otherwise for later delivery (when this one resource becomes available).
>   I looked into doing this using AMP, but unfortunately no defined
> action allows this.

This actually makes a lot of sense to me.  I can think of several
cases where this might be useful.  For example, say you have a bot
that sells widgets, and an individual's preferences are associated
with a unique resource.  You certainly wouldn't traffic to/from that
resource to go to another.

Ok, that's only one example.  But it's a neat one.

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal at jabber.rocks.cc
http://halr9000.com