[Standards-JIG] bot-challenge proto-JEP

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Wed Aug 31 18:45:04 UTC 2005

> > > What about deaf people?
> >
> > Wouldn't they just use the visual challenges?
>
> There are deaf people that are also blind AFAIK...

lol :)

We'd better invent some touch/smell/taste-based IM protocols then. ;)

> What I just wanted to say is that CAPTCHA might invole
> accessibility issues.
> Maybe you need to add this the the JEP (if you not yet did)?

I did, before I published it yesterday. I suggest you read section 2.2.
The document doesn't refer to disabilities throughout the text, but I
promise you the protocol was designed from the ground up with disabled
people in mind.

After all, IM has the potential to be an unusually important part of a
deaf person's life.

- Ian