[Standards-JIG] bot-challenge proto-JEP

Mircea Bardac dev.list at mircea.bardac.net
Wed Aug 31 22:16:48 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 31 August 2005 20:30, Ian Paterson wrote:
> *Server admins* cannot win this battle. The creativity required to write
> thousands of questions that every Aunt Tillie can answer requires far
> more work than answering them. SPIM bots could have low paid human
> assistants who give them answers to all new questions the server admins
> come up with. IMHO companies like Google would need to employ 10
> full-time question inventors for every single full-time bot assistant.

One small idea, which would solve the "creativity problem"

** The user is given a paragraph of text (one sentence would suffice).
a) there's no need for an extenside DB of sentences.
b) the text could be something funny... to read before registration :)
c) could be set by the user

** Requirement: Type in the first/last [picture1] letter(s) of [picture2].

[picture1] = first/1st/last 2/10th
[picture2] = <some word>/1st word/last word
<some word> = can be a totally different word than the ones in the paragraph

This works for:
1. who can read
2. who can count

The only problem is crippling very well the contents of the 2 pictures, so
that no A.I. could identify the content.

Mircea
/IceRAM

--
Psi Forums Moderator/Bug Tracker Manager
Psi Windows Installer Maintainer/ArchLinux Package Maintainer