[Standards-JIG] Broken mu-conference password invites?

Etan Reisner deryni at eden.rutgers.edu
Thu Dec 1 02:47:21 UTC 2005

I'm resending this to this list because of some recent email on jdev.
For the record, I am aware of how to fix mu-conference to do the right
thing, that's not my issue. My issue is that the spec and the
"reference" implementation disagree, and I'm not best sure how this
needs to get fix.

 	-Etan

jabber.org (mu-conference) seems to be sending the room invite stanza
incorrectly, it is setting the <password> element as a child of the <invite>
element as opposed to as a child of the <x
xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#user'> which according to my reading of
the spec it should be doing. I noticed this after people at work were having
problems on our server (ejabberd) when I went to try to fix the code in our
client I noticed it broke jabber.org. Looking for consensus as to who is wrong
and what (if anything) will happen from here.

Thanks.

 	-Etan

A couple side notes:

but <continue> is a child of <invite>?

And I don't really know how to read schemas but is the schema correct for how
the <continue> element is used/placed? It would seem it should be under
'invite' not under 'item'.