[Standards-JIG] XMPP URIs was: Two questions regardingJEP-0124HTTP Binding

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 15:57:58 UTC 2005

Hi Mridul,

>    The 124 spec mentions that the route attribute should follow the
> syntax as specified in ref 11.
> This reference seems to be MIA (reason mentioned as ref 12 I guess ?).

Peter just published a new version:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xmpp-iri-03.txt

It may well be that the next version of JEP-0124 will no longer
reference this document.

Peter is proposing that the 'route' attribute should be a simple
"host[:port]" value. Other possibilities *might* be "xmpp:host[:port]"
(compatible with existing JEP-0124 spec) or just "xmpp:host". The latter
is compatible with XMPP URI/IRIs ('route' is after all an XMPP resource
identifier), but perhaps it is not ideal, see
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards-jig/2005-June/007818.html.

> I am wondering how JEP-0124, which is a draft standard,
> could depend on an experimental JEP-0147.

JEP-0124 will never depend on JEP 147.

- Ian