[Standards-JIG] Avatar Image Hashes

Daniel Henninger jadestorm at nc.rr.com
Mon Dec 5 13:46:08 UTC 2005

Hi folk!

In all three of the avatar implementation JEPs, you are told to
generate a hash of the "image data".  Until now, we have operated
under the assumption that this is a hash of the actual image data,
not of the base64-encoded image data.  However, after it was brought
up on our list, it seems that this is not explicitly specified
anywhere.  So:

1. Are we indeed correct in thinking that it's a hash of the real
image data, not the base64 encoded data?

2. May I request that JEP-0008, JEP-0084, and JEP-0153 all receive
minor updates to clarify this?

Thanks!
Daniel

--
"The most addictive drug in the world is music."
      - The Lost Boyz