[Standards-JIG] Re: JINGLE question

Remko Troncon remko at psi-im.org
Tue Dec 6 11:15:29 UTC 2005

> > <iq type='get' from='alice at host/home' to='bob at host/home' id='v1'>
> >   <query xmlns='jabber:iq:version'/>
> > </iq>
> >
> > <iq type='result' from='bob at host/home' to='alice at host/home' id='v1'>
> >   <query xmlns='jabber:iq:version'>
> >     <name>Psi</name>
> >     <version>0.9.3</version>
> >     <os>Windows XP</os>
> >   </query>
> > </iq>
> >
> > Client1 sends a request, Client2 replies.  This is totally normal.
>
> So in this case, dont we treat the server as an entity?

What do you mean ? The server doesn't come into play in this case (it merely
routes the packets).

A server is an entity, as is a client. You can send IQs to servers, and
they will reply, and you can send IQs directly to clients, and they will
reply as well (for example send their avatar to you if you asked for
it).

cheers,
Remko