[Standards-JIG] Jingle in dribble: what if connection cannot be established?

Vinod Panicker vinod.p at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 10:42:32 UTC 2005

On 12/15/05, Maciek Niedzielski <machekku at miroku.uaznia.net> wrote:
> When negotiating a session using Jingle in dribble mode, both peers keep
> sending their connection candidates and (at the same time) try to
> connect to other peer's candidates. When a connection may be establised,
> the candidate is choosen.
>
> And what if the connection cannot be established? Maybe I am reading too
> fast, but I cannot see any way to say "I don't have any more candidates"
>   and "I couldn't connect to any of your candidates".
> So both clients would be waiting for a better candidate forever.

I've read the whole thing, and slowly as well :)  Didn't see anything
to handle this.  Currently I guess the client will have to assume a
reasonable timeout period till it cannot establish a connection.

Ultimately, if all else fails, the peer is expected to contact a relay
server (TURN maybe)

Regards,
Vinod.