[Standards-JIG] Entity Capabilities

Nolan Eakins sneakin at semanticgap.com
Mon Dec 19 00:20:50 UTC 2005

Remko Troncon wrote:
> E.g., if one gets the following caps info:
> 	<c node="http://mynode.org/caps" version="0.1" ext="myext" />
> and this info from another contact:
> 	<c node="http://mynode.org/caps" version="0.2" ext="myext" />
> should a client send a disco request to both contacts on node
> http://mynode.org/caps#myext, and store the response for each node/version
> combination, or should we assume that 'myext' will be the same reply for
> *all* versions of a given client ?

I wouldn't assume that a capability is the same for even a single
version of a client. A client implementor may choose to allow a
capability to be enabled or disabled, thus making the capabilities
different for each instance of that client.

- Nolan

--
SemanticGap: To act as one (TM) -- http://www.semanticgap.com/
Instant awareness & messaging * Online presence design